Jim Wells 1,300 acres Highly Improved Hunting Ranch
Jim Wells County: 1,300 acres +/- Highly Improved, Game Fenced Hunting Ranch, Alice ,Tx., fantastic hunting and habitat, first class improvements, incredible water, great access
County: Jim Wells
The property has a great diversity of terrain, and has been groomed for trophy deer hunting as well as for the quail and dove hunter. From rolling grass pasture land for quail hunting with dogs, to food plots, to dense native brush, the habitat on this ranch is second to none. This ranch is about 60 percent very heavy to medium brush for deer hunting, and about 40 percent pasture manicured for quail.
1,315 acres of the ranch is high-fenced, 346 acres is low fenced. The 1315 acres has big native mesquites and brush, with great deer habitat as well as fertile food plots and quail pastures.
Much of the low fenced 346 acres is sculpted in strips cut for quail hunting. Some brush has been left for cover and supports an excellent low-fenced deer herd. The surrounding neighbors to this pasture are large and managed ranches.
Brush and tree species include mesquite, hackberry, cactus, blackbrush, granjeno, guayacan, guajillo, and other native brush species.
Trophy Deer Herd – Deer herd is enhanced with improved genetics and native deer. There are approximately 100 bucks ageing from fawns to 6 years old, with B&C ranges between 130 and 220 for the more mature deer. There are approximately 150 does.
– Great hunting for deer, turkey, quail, hog, javalina and dove.
– Dove hunting (white-wing and mourning) is exceptional in fields and by the ponds.
MAIN HOUSE built in 2015:
– This beautiful new home is approximately 10,000 sq ft and includes two offices, conference room, gun room, huge game room, 5 car garage, a gorgeous pool and outdoor entertaining area.
– 6 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms
– Impeccable finish out with high quality fixtures and materials
Barn at Main House: built in 2016 is approx. 3,000 sq ft and has 4 roll up doors and an enclosed storage area
Guest House: 3 bedroom, 2 bath manufactured, 2007 model, approx 1200 sq ft.
Guest Cabin: 2 bedroom, 2 bath, approx. 1200 sq ft.
Cantina/outdoor area: Approx. 1200 sq foot covered bar, grilling and entertainment area next to the Guest House
Barn/Dog Kennels: 16 dog pens (10×12 each) with approximately 2,000 sq ft. of additional storage for vehicles and equipment, also an enclosed shop
Skeet and Trap range: with air conditioned cabin
Blinds and Feeders:
– 6 deer blinds and 6 feeders locations (corn and protein)
Two Sets of Cattle pens
The ranch has exceptional water distribution and features
– 5 water wells, (4 electric wells and one windmill)
– 9 ponds and one lake (about 4 acres) that are all supplemented by wells
– All of the ponds are stocked with bass and catfish and have great fishing
None available, owner owns no minerals and no production on ranch
This place is perfect for corporate retreat, commercial hunting business or fantastic place to entertain family and friends. Ready to go enjoy.
This write-up may contain errors and omissions and is for information only. The above information has been deemed correct but is not guaranteed and is subject to changes, corrections, and or withdraws from the market with no prior notice. Buyer’s broker must to be present at first showing to receive commission.