2269 acres Schleicher Co. near Menard
The land is gently rolling to hilly country, populated with beautiful oak trees, scenic draws, and an outstanding grass cover for this area. Trees on the ranch include huge live oak, Spanish oak, post oak, shin oak, mesquite and cedar. In some areas much of the cedar has been removed for increased forage for wildlife and livestock production.
About 70% of the ranch is medium to heavy oak and brush cover, with large mesquite flats on the northwest and southern areas of the ranch. The North Valley Prong drainage crosses the entire ranch from East to West, providing and excellent wildlife corridor and cover for game animals. The flats provide deeper soils and excellent grass and forb production.
The ranch has fantastic deer hunting for trophy whitetails, axis deer, turkey, hogs, quail, dove, and ducks. Elk and Sika deer have also been spotted on the property.
Dove hunting is exceptional around the watering areas and ponds.
- Newly remodeled ranch house (approximately 1000 sq ft)
- Good fencing, much of it new, ranch is cross-fenced into 5 pastures to rotate livestock
- 50×100 barn (approximate)
- Working pens for livestock
- 4 deer blinds, 5 feeders convey
Ranch has great water resources that are well distributed (4 wells total, many water troughs and 2 ponds)
– A submersible well with an electric motor is located at the house and feeds barn and two water troughs. It has a large concrete cistern for storage.
– A brand new solar well feeds a pond and water trough
– A second submersible well feeds another pond and several troughs on South side of ranch, it has a large concrete cistern for storage
– A third submersible well feeds a tough on the East side of the ranch, it also has a large concrete cistern for storage
Asking $2,395 an acre or $5,434,255.00
This is a fantastic low fenced hunting and livestock ranch in the western Hill Country. This ranch has beautiful rolling to hilly terrain with incredible oak trees. This place is loaded with game and deer are everywhere! This ranch has very big low fenced neighbors!
Disclosure: The broker owns a portion of this property.
Note: This write-up may contain errors and omissions and is for information only. The above information has been deemed correct but is not guaranteed and is subject to changes, corrections, and or withdraws from the market with no prior notice. Buyers agent must be present at first showing to participate in commission.